How about talking in English here?

Vapaamuotoinen keskustelu, joka ei liity Beemoovin peleihin.

How about talking in English here?

ViestiKirjoittaja Whimsie » 23.05.2017 18:22

So, because Finnish versions of My Candy Love and Eldarya are shutting down, many of us are probably moving to English servers. And there most likely are people how would like to practice their English skills, but are too afraid to go in middle of fluent speakers. I am like that, at least. So, how about in this topic we speak in English, just chat about everything and try to gather courage and self-confidence about our language skills? I think it would be nice if the conversation in this topic could be only in English, but of course we can help each others if there are some words or expressions we don't understand and explain them in Finnish. And please guys, let's be positive and supportive! It doesn't usually matter if the grammar or spelling is little wrong, as long as you can understand what the other one is meaning. I'm sure my message is full of mistakes as well :D Of course you can correct mistakes, but please be nice about it ♥

And to the moderators! I didn't see any rules saying that we can't speak in foreign languages, but because I know that there is/was that kind of rule at My Candy Love's own forum, I totally understand if this is seen as something forbidden.
Whimsie
Kaartikokelas
Kaartikokelas

Re: How about talking in English here?

ViestiKirjoittaja Shalott » 23.05.2017 18:24

Well, I do hope this thread is okay to the moderators, since I find it to be extremely useful to people who are insecure when it comes to their language skills... Also, Whimsey, I love your avatar! Great idea, using your(?) Candy's look like that. ^^
Kuva
Flirttistoori: Shalott ~-~ MyCandyLove: Deathaura ~-~ SweetCrush: Lethallan
EldaryaFIN: Lethallan ~-~ EldaryaUS: Shalott ~-~ EldaryaGER: Lethallan
Shalott
Noviisi
Noviisi

ViestiKirjoittaja Whimsie » 23.05.2017 18:37

Thanks! I actually like it as well, even tho it might get little tiring if I want to change it everytime my Candy's look changes :D But let's say that this is only temporary and I'll change it to something permanent when I find "that one look" I really like c:
Whimsie
Kaartikokelas
Kaartikokelas

ViestiKirjoittaja Freyel » 23.05.2017 18:41

Kuva
"They say "be yourself." But I don't really like who "myself" is."
Freyel
Ylläpitäjä
Ylläpitäjä

ViestiKirjoittaja Shalott » 23.05.2017 18:48

Haha. ^^ It's a clever idea for sure!

I've been struggling with finding an avatar myself, since the ones I tend to use seem to be a bit too big... I'll have to find a brand new one.

+ awwww, the seal of approval is adorable. :>
Kuva
Shalott
Noviisi
Noviisi

ViestiKirjoittaja Whimsie » 23.05.2017 18:51

Freyel kirjoitti:
Kuva

Kuva

And Shalott, you can always crop and resize your photos! That's what I usually do. There are tons of free photo editor, for example Picmonkey.
Whimsie
Kaartikokelas
Kaartikokelas

ViestiKirjoittaja Aurum » 23.05.2017 18:58

Nice
Homoudestani en yli pääse

Kuva
Aurum
Trendi-teini
Trendi-teini

ViestiKirjoittaja Sierra » 23.05.2017 19:26

Mkay, then I'm gonna say something too. :D What do you think about that the Finnish servers are shutting down
we’ve found our destiny
Sierra
Kaartin sotilas
Kaartin sotilas

ViestiKirjoittaja Shalott » 23.05.2017 19:39

Yeah, I suppose I could... I tried to do it manually with paint, though, but the result didn't look that great. It became somewhat...pixelated, is that the correct word?

I could try it with some other program, but I don't know if the result will be any better.

And Sierra, oh my dear Sierra... What do you think we think? ;______;
Kuva
Shalott
Noviisi
Noviisi

ViestiKirjoittaja Aurum » 23.05.2017 19:43

Y'all doing great job with talking in english!
Homoudestani en yli pääse

Kuva
Aurum
Trendi-teini
Trendi-teini

ViestiKirjoittaja Sierra » 23.05.2017 19:49

Yeah, I know that it is awful. I almost literally cried when I heard about that they're going to shut the servers down. I hope that they could've keep the servers up longer. How about Eldarya? That game was still so new, and already they were shutting the Finnish server down. But I wont forget the times there, never.

I wouldn't say that I'm especially good at speaking English, but the others are, at least.
we’ve found our destiny
Sierra
Kaartin sotilas
Kaartin sotilas

ViestiKirjoittaja Whimsie » 23.05.2017 19:55

To be honest, I'm not that sad about this change anymore. It's not that big of a problem for me to play in English and I never was that active at forum. Eldarya shutting down is kind of harder for me, since I already have an account in English version. And because I don't talk any other languages well enough, my playing will be done through episode guides and Google Translate :D Probably going to move to French server since I used to study the language but I really don't know anything, only basic introductions :roll:
Whimsie
Kaartikokelas
Kaartikokelas

ViestiKirjoittaja Pihka » 23.05.2017 19:55

I probably sound pretty terrible but I don't really care about the serves being shut down. Probably because I'm so fluent in English that it's easy to change servers.
What annoys me most is that there's so many problems with it. Of course I understand that moving an entire server is gonna be difficult but since they've had time to prepare I thought everything would go a bit more smoothly.

Paint.net is a good choice for changing picture sizes. It's more advanced than regular Paint so the quality should be better too. My avatar was reduced in size for quite a lot and it still looks good. Paint.net is also free to download and available in Finnish.
Lysander
~Se on niin söpö etten mä kestä~
Pihka
Nuori Alokas
Nuori Alokas

ViestiKirjoittaja Shalott » 23.05.2017 20:01

Usually I inflict my grammar mistakes on the innocent people in Star Wars: The Old Republic (that's a game), but this is a nice change of pace. ^^ I'd like to think I have a decent understanding of the English language, but actually producing it...ugh.

I won't lie, I didn't much sleep last night. It was terrible, knowing flirttistoori's was counting down towards the end every minute... It just didn't feel real until last night. When you could count the remaining time in hours, not days.

I didn't care for Eldarya as much, as I didn't spend much time on the forums and therefore can do pretty much all I did on the Finnish server on the German/US server, too. But I'm sure it was terrible to some other people.
Kuva
Shalott
Noviisi
Noviisi

ViestiKirjoittaja Lisanna » 23.05.2017 20:30

I feel like I'm getting an overdose of English right now :lol: I moved / am going to move my Flirttistoori and Eldarya accounts on English speaking servers and now we're talking in English even in here. I know English and can speak it pretty well since at least my grades in school on English are pretty good. I tend to struggle the most with listening comprehension tests, but the unsatisfying results are mostly due to the big emphasis on some areas of the test. (I'm mostly talking about YTL's old listening comprehension tests, those who have attended lukio/Finnish high school should know what I mean.) Prepositions are also a bit tricky sometimes, they often tend to be sneaky lil' bastards (is that too bad of a word? I can't think of any nicer words that convey the same message right now) and do not always match with the equalents of the prepositions that the Finnish language has.
Eldarya US: Dynamika Sweet Crush: Dynamika My Candy Love: Dynamika Like a Fashionista: Dynamika

Kuva
Lisanna
Uusi Flirttailija
Uusi Flirttailija

Seuraava

Paluu Kahvila